Dr. Tami Wegener
402-362-6655, ext. 224
Mrs. Dana Schmid
402-362-6655, ext. 225
Mrs. Deb Stuhr
402-362-6655, ext. 226
COLLEGE REP FAIR is coming on Oct. 4. Details to come. This is an afternoon event during the school day, and parents are welcome to join their junior and senior students.
EDUCATIONQUEST at YHS for Financial Aid meetings during 5A and 5B lunch periods for parents and seniors in the Theatre.
CURRENT SCHOLARSHIPS …
P.E.O. Star Scholarship preliminary application is now available to senior girls who exhibit excellence in leadership, academics, extracurricular activities, community service and potential future success with a minimum GPA of 3.0. The candidate must also be a U.S. citizen. Contact Mrs. Stuhr for the application and more details. Deadline for the preliminary application is Friday, Sept. 22, 2017.
Vivint Smart Home is awarding five $1,000 scholarships to high school seniors who will begin their fall semester no later than Sept. 10, 2018. Winner is not based on financial need. An application is required along with a 1-2 minute created video. See more information at https://www.vivint.com/scholarship#application Deadline is Oct. 1, 2017.
Wendys Heisman scholarship is for a student with a GPA of 3.0 or higher, competes in at least one sport and is a leader in school and community. The application can be found at https://www.wendyshighschoolheisman.com/application/ Deadline is Oct. 2, 2017, but earlier is better! See Mrs. Stuhr if questions.
HORATIO ALGER SCHOLARSHIP … is now open to seniors who have at least a 2.0 GPA, require financial assistance, be pursuing a bachelor’s degree at a public or private institution in the United States (students may start their studies at a two-year institution and then transfer to a four-year college/university), display integrity and perseverance in overcoming adversity, have courage and be a U.S. citizen. Apply on their website at https://scholars.horatioalger.org See the Counseling Center if you have questions. Deadline is October 25, 2017, so get started early!
DEAR GRANDCHILD If you’re a grandparent or great aunt or great uncle of someone 18 years or younger as of Nov. 30, 2017, you can enter! The 2017 “Dear Grandchild” contest is now open. Write a letter explaining your hopes and dreams for their future and why you think higher education is important. The letter should be no longer than 500 words, and must reflect the entrant’s own creation, writing and original thinking. The child must intend to have qualified higher education expenses at an eligible educational institution. Call the Counseling Center at 402-362-6655, option 2, ext. 226 if you’d like further details or check out this website for official rules: Deadline for submission is November 30, 2017.
AXA Achievement provides scholarships to students of ethnically and economically diverse backgrounds. Students share these qualities: 1) ambition and drive; 2) determination to set and reach goals; 3) respect for self, family and community; 4) ability to succeed in college. Only the first 10,000 applications will be accepted, and the deadline is Dec. 15, 2017, or until the maximum number of applications have been received. Scholarships of $10,000 and $25,000 with a winner in every state. See their website at axa-achievement.com.
Perrenial Public Power District Scholarship – If you are planning to enroll in a utility line program, a $1,000 scholarship could be waiting for you. See counseling office for application and more details. Deadline is December 29, 2017.
BLUE & GOLD SCHOLARSHIP FORMS…
The following forms (all the same form — just different formats) may be used to apply for local Blue & Gold scholarships:
- Blue & Gold Scholarship Form (Word doc.)
- Blue & Gold Scholarship Application Form (PDF)
- Blue& Gold Scholarship Application Form (Google doc)
PERU STATE COLLEGE – DUAL CREDIT STUDENTS .. All transcripts will now be ordered online. Current students will order transcripts through their myPSC account and former students will submit transcript requests following the ordering instructions at http://www.peru.edu/studentrecords/transcript and follow the instructions listed in Option 2 to ‘Create Account’. There is a charge for all transcripts requested. Please note: If you are a current high school student and requesting a transcript prior to your semester ending, be sure to note “HOLD FOR GRADES” on your request. See Mrs. Stuhr if you have questions.
TRANSCRIPTS FROM CURTIS (NCTA) may be obtained by going to their website ncta.unl.edu, current students, academic resources, transcript request. Forms are also available in the Guidance office.
Let’s work together for a great school year!
- Education Quest : Free College Planning Services. Eduquest is based out of Lincoln, NE http:///www.educationquest.org/
- KnowHow2Go: A slick site for planning your college education no matter what grade you are currently in. Helpful tips for students in middle school, as well as high school. http://www.knowhow2gonebraska.org/
- College Bound Nebraska http://www.collegeboundnebraska.com NSCS Advantage http://www.nscs.edu/nscs-advantage.htm
Nebraska Universities and Colleges
- Chadron State College http://www.csc.edu/
- College of St. Mary http://www.csm.edu/
- Creighton University http://www.creighton.edu/
- Doane University http://www.doane.edu/
- Grace University http://www.graceuniversity.edu/
- Hastings College http://www.hastings.edu/
- Midland University http://www.midlandu.edu
- Nebraska College of Technical Agriculture http://ncta.unl.edu
- Nebraska Methodist College http://www.methodistcollege.edu/
- Nebraska Wesleyan University http://www.nebrwesleyan.edu/
- Peru State College http://www.peru.edu/
- Union College http://www.ucollege.edu/
- University of Nebraska-Lincoln http://http://www.unl.edu/
- University of Nebraska–Kearney http://www.unk.edu/
- University of Nebraska–Omaha http://www.unomaha.edu/
- Wayne State College http://www.wsc.edu/
- York College http://www.york.edu