Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

York Public Schools | April 23, 2017

Scroll to top


Counseling Center


Dr. Tami Wegener
School Counselor
402-362-6655, ext. 224

Mrs. Dana Schmid
School Counselor
402-362-6655, ext. 225

Mrs. Deb Stuhr
Admin. Assistant/Registrar
402-362-6655, ext. 226



ACT Opportunity for Junior students at YHS!  All juniors will take the ACT test at York High School on Wednesday, April 19.  There is NO CHARGE for this testing session.  The scores from this test will be valid for college submission.  Contact us if you have questions.


CLASS CAMPUS VISITS are coming up soon for freshmen and sophomores.  On April 19, freshmen will travel to Hastings to visit the Central Community College campus.  Sophomores will travel to Lincoln to Southeast Community College.  For both groups, transportation and lunch are provided.


Sophomore and Junior Parents are invited to a “Scholarships and What’s New?” meeting on Wednesday, April 19, at 6:00 PM in the YHS Theater.  We plan for this meeting to last about 30 minutes.


FAFSA TIME!  Seniors and parents, just a reminder the window opened October 1 to complete your FAFSA for the 2017-18 school year.  Parents and students will each need to create a FSA ID at .  Check out the EducationQuest website for more information and contact them if you wish to set an appointment to meet for them to help you complete it.  This is a FREE service!  call 800-303-3745 for Lincoln office.




The following forms (all the same form — just different formats) may be used to apply for local Blue & Gold scholarships:




UPPER BIG BLUE NRD is offering the 2017 Raymond A. Burke Scholarship which will award $2,000 each to two qualified students who reside in the District to be used for their college/university education with a study emphasis in natural resources.  An application form can be obtained by calling Scott Snell, Public Relations Manager, at the Upper Big Blue NRD at (402) 362-6601, or on line at:   or in the Counseling office.  Deadline April 21, 2017.


York Alpha Delta Kappa, Alpha Beta Chapter is offering a scholarship to an area senior entering the field of teaching.  Application in Guidance Office.  Two letters of recommendation are required.  See Counseling office for application.  Deadline April 28, 2017.


Scholarship for UNL-bound male freshmen is presented by Delta Tau Delta.  If you are interested in joining the Greek community  at UNL, see Counseling office for a scholarship application.  Essay required.  For more information, see   Deadline May 1, 2017.


Nebraska School Counselor Association Scholarship – open to any senior planning to attend a Nebraska post-secondary institution during the 2017-18 school year.  Essay required.  Application may be found at  Deadline May 1, 2017.


B. Davis Scholarship is open to juniors and seniors as well as students currently registered in any post- secondary institution. The application can be found at  Essay is required.  Deadline is May 22, 2017.


Omaha Chapter of the Assn. of Information Technology Professionals (AITP) is offering scholarships to those who will be continuing their education in the field of Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or related field.  Applications can be made at  Questions may be directed to   Deadline June 1, 2017.


HORATIO ALGER CAREER and TECHNICAL SCHOLARSHIP –Must be enrolled to start at a community college in Fall 2017, exhibit a strong commitment to pursue and complete a career or technical program at an accredited non-profit community college, critical financial need, perseverance in overcoming adversity, United States citizen.  Apply online at   See Counseling for further details.  Deadline June 15, 2017.


2017 Aspiring Nurse Scholarship application now available online to any senior pursuing education in nursing, including LPN/LVN, AND and BSN programs.  Go to  to complete the short application and the essay.  Deadline June 30, 2017.



PERU STATE COLLEGE – DUAL CREDIT STUDENTS .. All transcripts will now be ordered online.  Current students will order transcripts through their myPSC account and former students will submit transcript requests following the ordering instructions at and follow the instructions listed in Option 2 to ‘Create Account’. There is a charge for all transcripts requested.  Please note:  If you are a current high school student and requesting a transcript prior to your semester ending, be sure to note “HOLD FOR GRADES” on your request.  See Mrs. Stuhr if you have questions.


TRANSCRIPTS FROM CURTIS  (NCTA) may be obtained by going to their website, current students, academic resources, transcript request.  Forms are also available in the Guidance office.  


Let’s work together for a great school year!  


Educational Planning

  • Education Quest : Free College Planning Services.   Eduquest is based out of Lincoln, NE http:///
  • KnowHow2Go: A slick site for planning your college education no matter what grade you are currently in.  Helpful tips for students in middle school, as well as high school.

Nebraska Universities and Colleges


Transcript Release Form
Graduation Information Form