Shop with AmazonSmile
The holidays will soon be upon us and that may mean Amazon shopping for some. Did you know that you can support the YPS Foundation when you shop at Amazon?? You can and the difference is that when you shop at AmazonSmile, the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price of eligible products to the charitable organization of your choice. Every item available for purchase on www.amazon.com is also available on smile.amazon.com at the same price.
Sign in to smile.amazon.com on your desktop or mobile phone browser. Go to Your Account from the navigation at the top of any page, and then select the option to Change your Charity. Look for York Public School Foundation and select it. Be sure to add smile.amazon.com to your bookmarks so that each time you shop there, it will know to donate to that charity.
*If you shop from your iPhone or iPad, you will need to do the following once on each device:
• Open Safari and type smile.amazon.com in the web address field at the top. AmazonSmile
• Touch the share button (looks like a box with an arrow) to the left of the website address.
• Touch Add to Home Screen.
• Touch Add.
*Remove the old Amazon app from your iPhone and iPad so that you will always shop at
Amazon through AmazonSmile:
• Hold your finger on the original Amazon app until it wiggles.
• Touch the black ‘X’ to delete the app from your iPhone/iPad. You will see an alert that your
Amazon data will be deleted. This will not delete your Amazon account or any of your wish
lists or order history. It’s simply the data the app saved on your device.