Dr. Tami Wegener
402-362-6655, ext. 224
Mrs. Dana Schmid
402-362-6655, ext. 225
Mrs. Deb Stuhr
402-362-6655, ext. 226
ACT Test Date ahead:
June 8 — registrations are due by May 3.
July 13 — registrations are due by June 14.
Sept. 14 — registrations are due by Aug. 16.
On to College ACT Test Prep is available to students at YHS for a one-time fee of $75. Please bring your payment to the Counseling office or contact the Counseling staff for more details.
CURRENT SCHOLARSHIPS …
UNL-bound students who are STEM focused, the Robert W.Brightfelt Triangle Fraternity Scholarship is now open for applications at www.triangleunl.org Triangle is a national fraternity, and applicants will be interviewed by members of this chapter based on grades, character, involvement in school and community activities, job experience and timeliness of scholarship application. Joining the chapter is not a requirement. Questions may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org First come, first served, so earlier applications are encouraged. Deadline is June 10, 2019.
JUNIORS & SENIORS: Abbott and Fenner Business Consultants will be awarding up to $1,000 to the winner(s). Deadline is June 14, 2019. For details, refer to: http://www.abbottandfenner.com/scholarships.htm
HORATIO ALGER CAREER and TECHNICAL SCHOLARSHIP –Must be enrolled to start at a community college in Fall 2019, exhibit a strong commitment to pursue and complete a career or technical program at an accredited non-profit community college, critical financial need, perseverance in overcoming adversity, United States citizen. Apply online at application.horatioalger.org See Counseling for further details. Deadline June 15, 2019.
2019 Jim Hurlbert Memorial Baseball Scholarship – open to Nebraska American Legion baseball player in last year of Legion Baseball eligibility and/or graduating senior. Award based on financial need, academic achievement and school/community involvement. Must be in top ½ of class academically. Deadline June 15, 2019. See Guidance for application.
UNK is offering a scholarship to incoming male – applicant will be judged based on the four cornerstones of the Pi Kappa Fraternity: scholars, leaders, athletes and gentlemen. There may be a follow-up interview. See Counseling office for application information. Deadline August 23, 2019.
BLUE & GOLD SCHOLARSHIP FORMS…
The following forms (all the same form — just different formats) may be used to apply for local Blue & Gold scholarships:
- Blue & Gold Scholarship Form (Word doc.)
- Blue & Gold Scholarship Application Form (PDF)
- Blue& Gold Scholarship Application Form (Google doc)
PERU STATE COLLEGE – DUAL CREDIT STUDENTS .. All transcripts will now be ordered online. Current students will order transcripts through their myPSC account and former students will submit transcript requests following the ordering instructions at http://www.peru.edu/studentrecords/transcript and follow the instructions listed in Option 2 to ‘Create Account’. There is a charge for all transcripts requested. Please note: If you are a current high school student and requesting a transcript prior to your semester ending, be sure to note “HOLD FOR GRADES” on your request. See Mrs. Stuhr if you have questions.
SCC Dual Credit Students …. You may request your transcript at this link OR you may complete the paper copy request which Mrs. Stuhr has in her office. If you wish to order online, log into the HUB at https://thehub.southeast.edu , then select Web Adviser for Students, select Academic Profile, select Transcript Request and complete the information. You should receive a confirmation after hitting the Submit button. Please note: If you are a current high school student and requesting a transcript prior to your semester ending, be sure to note “HOLD FOR GRADES” on your request. See Mrs. Stuhr if you have questions. At this point, there is no charge for requesting your transcript from SCC.
TRANSCRIPTS FROM CURTIS (NCTA) may be obtained by going to their website ncta.unl.edu, current students, academic resources, transcript request. Forms are also available in the Guidance office.
Let’s work together for a great school year!
- Education Quest : Free College Planning Services. Eduquest is based out of Lincoln, NE http:///www.educationquest.org/
- KnowHow2Go: A slick site for planning your college education no matter what grade you are currently in. Helpful tips for students in middle school, as well as high school. http://www.knowhow2gonebraska.org/
- College Bound Nebraska http://www.collegeboundnebraska.com NSCS Advantage http://www.nscs.edu/nscs-advantage.htm
Nebraska Universities and Colleges
- Chadron State College http://www.csc.edu/
- College of St. Mary http://www.csm.edu/
- Creighton University http://www.creighton.edu/
- Doane University http://www.doane.edu/
- Grace University http://www.graceuniversity.edu/
- Hastings College http://www.hastings.edu/
- Midland University http://www.midlandu.edu
- Nebraska College of Technical Agriculture http://ncta.unl.edu
- Nebraska Methodist College http://www.methodistcollege.edu/
- Nebraska Wesleyan University http://www.nebrwesleyan.edu/
- Peru State College http://www.peru.edu/
- Union College http://www.ucollege.edu/
- University of Nebraska-Lincoln http://http://www.unl.edu/
- University of Nebraska–Kearney http://www.unk.edu/
- University of Nebraska–Omaha http://www.unomaha.edu/
- Wayne State College http://www.wsc.edu/
- York College http://www.york.edu